The area of Shatby cemeteries complex gains its importance from the plurality, as there are cemeteries for more than twenty confessions of the three religions, as well as the tombs, of many who lived and contributed to writing the history of the city, in addition to the strategic location
The project value:
– A privileged location in the middle of the city
– A site surrounded by many of the city’s landmarks
– The presence of tombs for more than 12 religious confessions
– The presence of tombs of many who lived and contributed in the history of the modern city
The project location consists of:
– Axial Street (Abdel Hamid Abu Haif) linking two important axes in the city, the axis of Al-Horreya Road and the axis of the metro road
– Many cemeteries on both sides of the central road
– A plantation belonging to the Agriculture faculty
– A mosaic museum at the entrance to the area on the side of Al-Hurriya Road
– The famous Shallalat Gardens area from the western side
– Multiple sects
– The varieties in the administrative subordination of each of them, between the church, embassy, governorate, or Ministry of Culture
– The development of an important and neglected area of the city.
– Providing funding sources that contribute to the maintenance, beautification and preservation of the area.
– Raise the level of the area.
– Creating new areas of activity to be add value, to turn it into an active area in the city.
– Providing complementary activities to serve cemetery visitors, whether local or expatriate.
Project plan and methodology:
– Study the project and clarify its importance within the city.
– Provide a preliminary overview of the activities that can be added to the project: as Cultural (an open library), Commercial (shops and café), Social (open areas for gathering), Souvenir (An exhibition to provide an overview of the history of the region and the famous personalities buried there).